DĄBROWICE

Dąbrowice is a village located in the southern part of the Chrząstowice district, between Dębie and Walidrogi, 12 km from Opole.

"Dambrowice" is first mentioned in a document from 1297, mentioning the establishment of the Raszów parish. It was not until the urbarium from 1566-1567 that we read about "Dumbrowicze."

In 1618, Dąbrowice is mentioned as a princely village. At that time, it had six farmers and one crofter. From time immemorial, a wooden roadside cross has stood in the center of the village. In 1920, Józef Walecko replaced the wooden one with a beautiful stone cross with figures. Two priests came from the Dąbrowice Walecko family: Jan Walecko, born 8 of August 1900, died 14 of June 1946. Józef Walecko, born

8 of March 1911, died 23 August 1939. The cross was erected as a votive offering for these priests.

At Opolska Street, there is also a cross. It bears the date 29 December 1905

. According to stories told by Dąbrowice residents, the horses of a young man's driving a wagon loaded with stones for building shied and trampled the man to death. To immortalize his memory, his parents erected a stone cross with a message to passersby and a request to pray for their son, who had died prematurely.

In the center of the village, likely dating back to the mid-18th century, stands a chapel-bell tower. The brick chapel houses a bell from 1777, which once called people to prayer and announced the death of a Dąbrowice resident and impending danger. In 2009, the chapel was restored and today it is a true landmark of Dąbrowice. Every year, on one Sunday in May, a service is held there.

Dąbrowice is a typically agricultural village. There are also several service businesses, including a car repair shop. There iss also an agritourism farm and a restaurant. There's also a Village Council and a DFK branch. With the funds allocated from the Village Fund and their own efforts, residents are gradually modernizing and renovating the village hall, which serves as a meeting place and venue for various events.