CHURCH OF THE ASSUMPTION OF THE BLESSED VIRGIN MARY IN RADOMIEROWICE

The Church of the Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary in Radomierowice in the Murów municipality is an exceptionally rare example of an aisleless church with a pulpit altar characteristic of the Protestant church architecture and with a half-timbered facade. The building is topped with a hip roof covered with wood shingles. In the single-nave, oriented structure of the building without a separate chancel, there are matronea dividing the interior into three sections. Originally the church was built and used by the local Evangelical community, in connection with the colonisation campaign of the area commissioned by the King of Prussia Frederick II by people coming mainly from the Palatinate and Hesse. The church was built between 1786 and 1790 to the design by Christian Isemer. The original interior of the church was in the Rococo-Classical style. A music choir with an organ from the 1790s was built between the matronea the mid-18th century In the following years, more specifically in 1860, the church underwent renovation. Until 1945, it served the Evangelical community, while after World War II it was transferred to the Catholic Church. Changes were then made to the interior of the church; the characteristic Protestant pulpit altar was divided, and in place of the dismantled pulpit a painting of Our Lady of Częstochowa was placed. Currently the church serves as a filial church of the Parish of Our Lady of the Snows in Dąbrówka Dolna.