CHURCH OF ST. MICHAEL THE ARCHANGEL IN KOTÓRZ WIELKI

The earliest mention of a church in Kotórz Wielki dates to the mid-15th century. However, the existing Late Baroque building with its distinctive 31-metre tower was constructed between 1782 and 1784. The founders of the church were the aristocratic von Gaschin family, who owned Turawa and the surrounding villages. The single-nave, traditionally oriented structure, with a gently articulated chancel ending in a semicircular apse, contains richly decorated Late Baroque interiors, later modified in the 19th century. In 1908, the existing

high altar was installed in the church, with large marble statues of Saint Casimir and Saint Stanislaus Kostka on either side. It is likely that the meticulously carved marble pulpit, featuring motifs and symbolism from the Old and New Testaments, dates from the same period. Right next to the church is also a neo-Gothic burial chapel from the early 20th century, where the Löwencron and Garnier families, Turawa landowners, are buried.